The following competitions are coming up the next 3 Sunday’s:
- 15th Taghmon Open Athletics, Wexford
- 22nd St Senan’s Open, Kilmacow
- 29th COUNTY **XC Relays, Thomastown
We realise Sunday’s are precious so we advise that athletes prioritise the *COUNTY race on the 29th and also go to an OPEN event in support of our neighbouring clubs.
Open Competition also has its value for athletes including:
- A practise XC race
- A test of fitness
- To race against different clubs
- and ALSO developing social skills and becoming part of the Gowran AC team! #goGowran nothing like bonding in a random mucky field against the elements of nature. 🌧 💨 ❄️ ⛈
*COUNTY RELAYS in Thomastown
Cross-country relays will be held for under 11, 13, 15 and 17 age groups.
Athletes may move up one age group.
Teams will be made up of 3 athletes per team.
U11 – 3X250m
U13 – 3X250m
U15 – 3X500m
U17 – 3X500m
There shall be separate races (not relays) for boys and girls in the under 7, 8 and 9 age groups.
*COUNTY: This event is for athletes registered with a Kilkenny Club only
**XC – Cross Countryman